Windows Vista Crash - Please help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by schotrent, Aug 2, 2009.

1. schotrent

schotrent Private E-2

Hello you all!
    I have an Inspiron 1525 with Vista 32. I installed XP and got lots of problems... So I decided to go back to the Vista that came with the notebook and reinstalled it, through the DVD that came with the package...

But I still getting those BSoDs... I already ran memtest86 (from Ubuntu) for 9 hours and NO MEM ERRORS! I also tried to read and understand the minidump file, but Windows Debugging Tools are not working well here (says that there are problems with ntkrnlpa.exe and I dont imagine what it could mean!)
    I decided to post here beacause I read some topics and saw you are all comitted to help and really know about the problems...

I dont know what to do anymore! Hope you might help me! I am going to attach my minidmp file...

Thank you so much!

P.S: Dont know if this is gonna help, but the BS error message
    was something like IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.... And I left XP because some BSoDs too! However, the XP ones I didnt try to fix... Just left behind and moved back to Vista!

Attached Files:

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

Your minidump points at memory. How many sticks of ram is installed? I'd remove all but one and give it a go again.

Yes, I do know you have ran memtest86+, but you may want to try what I suggested anyway. Also, I have ran into an issue, in the past, where a bios update fixed the issue. Or, perhaps you can reset bios to the defaults.

Either way, the dump points at ram.

3. schotrent

schotrent Private E-2

Thanks for your help, people!
    So, I'll post another minidump I've got, now aleady debugged!

Hope you could help me to find it out!
    This is the info for the 2nd minidump!

Are you sure it points to memory? This 2nd one confirms it?

Thanks!

4. schotrent

schotrent Private E-2

Thanks people! I'm posting a 2nd minidump I got, now already debugged, so you could check and confirm a mem problem! Hope this 2nd one could make the things easier!

Thanks a lot!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds