What is TQ566808?

Discussion in 'Software' started by blademan65, Aug 3, 2009.

1. blademan65

blademan65 Private E-2

Sorry if there already is a thread about this but i've searched and searched for it but not found a result

I've just decided to start cleaning up the family computer and came accross this (TQ566808) and i can't say i've ever seen it before so don't know if it's important to have running

Any help or advice will be much appreciated

OS - Vista Home Premium 32 bit Service pack 1
    Anti virus - AVG
    Firewall - Zone alarm

Note: My son has Vista Home Premium 64 bit service pack 1 on a desktop PC and the 32 bit on a laptop but doesn't have this on startup options in msconfig. He also runs the same anti virus and firewall software on both systems

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not come across that before, but is the full startup listing something like [TQ566808] "X:\Setup.exe" *where X: is the CD/DVD drive*

Its very likely to be some software you may have been installing from CD.DVD that needed to on reboot, to complete its setup, looks like you can disable it and see if anything starts asking for it then you may know the culprit.

Use Windows Defender to disable it, click Start and type in the Start Search box Defender and hit enter, then click Tools > Software Explorer > click Show for all users > highlight its entry in the left window and click Disable

Just do me a favour and run Malwarebytes and see if it finds any malware at all, download the app and update it, then run, dont need to see a log, but if it does find anything then you need to jump into the Malware removal forum and run the read me and start a new thread in that location and attach all the logs.

3. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there and welcome to MG and hope you get sorted, but first, it may not even be related but i've the same OS as you and just recently discovered the same sort of things in mine, it was T5YT8T85, strange things aren't they i found mine by opening hidden files and folders in AppData Folder, can't remember exactly but i think it was in AppData>Roaming>Macromedia, still haven't found out what it was but it kept putting a LSO in there called sys called Settings.sol and it was playing havoc with my browsing, redirecting me and all the usual crap. So if your confident enough with your PC and you want to find it, i think you might find it in there if not. You will need to do a full Read and Run me First in the malware department, because i can tell you now,with no disregard to ("Halo as one of the major fighters on this site and also one of the more technically apt people here"), but running malwarebytes alone dosen't find it or sort it out if it's the same thing as i had, i can assure you that.

Good Luck i'm sure you will get sorted in the end.
    Yours RJ.

4. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

P.S did forget to tell you i did find a little about mine and it had something to do with XSS (cross site scripting) and if you leave it too long you'll have been hijacked !
    RJ.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds