Safe to copy drivers from infected machine?

Discussion in 'Software' started by silverking, Aug 3, 2009.

1. silverking

silverking Private E-2

I am going to format and reinstall vista to get a clean start and I was wondering if the malware issues I am having can infect the new install if I copy all the drivers from the infected machine first?

Or in simpler terms are drivers vunerable to malware?

2. silverking

silverking Private E-2

Yes you are right, but at the time all of the issues I was having were gone and since then I have been watching what sites I visit and now the problem comes again so I am beginning to think my problem may be before I reach the internet and since nothing is found in scanning and I cant load the proffesional version of Super antispyware to get the realtime protection and I am locked out of areas of the admin account I figured just reload and get better realtime security in place before I even connect to my wireless network and thats why I am doing it this way. Anyways I really hate to bother people and I like to learn the hard way:boxing. With the setup I have it woould have just been easier to do if I knew that certain areas were uninfectable such as the drivers. I will ask over there.

Thanks again

3. silverking

silverking Private E-2

Interesting, is this just an advertising ploy then? note the realtime differences it speaks about, somewhere halfway down the page-->http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

I am about to buy because of what they speak of here and the talk on forums about the difference between most free editions being an after the fact problem solver and the pro being realtime.

Thanks again,

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

My Superantispyware free edition has no real time protection.
    If you try and select it to run on startup, you get a popup informing you that this feature is not available for the free version.

5. silverking

silverking Private E-2

They have a option to try the proffesional edition for 15 days now, I went ahead and got it and if it gives me no problems like AVG does I may go ahead and buy it.

Reloaded Vista, made backup and startup disk, got security in place, drivers loaded, now to see if I have win/java to delete and get sun/java.

Vista is such an easy reload I'm not sure if its even worth it to get a drive image with something like ghost. Any suggestions?, things you would do that maybe I am missing?

Thanks,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds