Get previous system configuration back?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tadpole, Aug 4, 2009.

1. tadpole

tadpole Private First Class

Hi

Is it possible to get a previous Vista system configuration back when you don't have a good restore point or a recovery disc?

My srt.trail reports everything as :

Completed successfully. error code =0x0
    Root cause found : Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem.

chkdsk/f also reports an unspecified error. When I try to install Microsoft Office, it gives an error message that I do not have neccessary permission to write to the registry. Configuration changes again.

I was getting similar errors to these before the malaware was removed, thats what alerted me that something was wrong.

Waiting in hope that there is a geek solution!
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Explain what this is. You won't get much help if people do not know the software you are using.

3. tadpole

tadpole Private First Class

Hi plodr

Sorry, :-o that was stupid of me. I downloaded and burnt a windows vista 32 bit recovery Disc from neosmart.net. I ran that to see if it could help. The Srt.Trail is the Startup Repair diagnosis & repair log it produced. I Hope that helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds