Firefox question

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Aug 4, 2009.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Normally, when you log in to a site like an email site (GMail or Yahoo mail for example), Firefox will pop up a question at the top of the window saying "Do you want to remember your password?" with the choices of "Not Now" and "Never" and "Yes". Someone clicked "Never" but now wants their login and password saved.... how do I undo the "Never"? I fixed this once before but I can't figure out how I did it....

I'm in a hurry with this, so ASAP would be nice. :-o

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I went there already and there are no sites listed in the 'Exceptions' window....
    :confused

3. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

can you clear all private data and get that back at all?

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

..... and just to see what would happen, I tried to add a site to the 'Exceptions' and I couldn't. I can't type anything in the window, I can't right-click-copy-n-paste, nothing... so how would I add something if I wanted to?

I've already tried clearing all private data using the FF built-in clearing tool and using CCleaner.... maybe I need to reinstall FF?

One other weird thing... if I go to sign in at GMail or Excite mail, the "Do you want to remember this password" shows up, but it will not do it for Yahoo mail (and naturally Yahoo mail is the one I need! :cry )

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I installed the newest FF available here at MG and it didn't fix the issue. All other email pages and web sites with passwords receive the prompt, all of 'em EXCEPT for Yahoo mail. There's got to be something, somewhere that was engaged to block just Yahoo mail from the "do you want to remember the password" prompting, and I can't find it to save my life. I'm going to head over to the FF forums and see if I can find something there.... in the meantime, if anyone has some insight, I'd appreciate it!
    Thanks!

@ Dom Luc: I guess we were typing at the same time....
    Thanks! That clears it up!!! I was going freekin bonkers here!!! I did read something elsewhere about the Bookmarklets thing, but I'm not going to worry about it for now.... thanks a million!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds