Re: Cli.exe-application error

Discussion in 'Software' started by allstoresunited, Aug 3, 2009.

1. allstoresunited

allstoresunited Private E-2

Edit: Moved to a new thread, re: similar issue from this thread.

To Matacumbie... and others who care...
    Just wanted to let you know i also appreciated your input and wanted to let treat your technically intuitive mind to an exact answer you were previously hoping for...
    was having the same problem as johnyb287 was having.
    so i handled it more systematically to be able to give you a straight answer.

1.) Did...
    - msconfig
    - start tab
    - turned off Start Item "cli" Command "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime
    - Apply
    - Restart
    -----Still Got The Error-----

2.) --- Kept the same settings as above + Did...
    - msconfig
    - start tab
    - turned off Start Item "ATI CATALYST System Tray" Command "C:\PROGRA~1\ATITEC~1\ATI.ACE\CLI.exe System Tray
    - Apply
    - Restart
    -----No More Error----- :)

So after that i though i would try turning just the "cli" command back on - but guess what... got the error again.

So... Both needed to be unchecked to stop the error.

So i guess that answers your question...
    i guess my question now is will installing .net framework somehow allow these to be turned back on with out getting the error - if so, how/why is that? - if not what does need to be installed/done to allow the Cli and CLI to be running with out errors.

thanks in advance
    -dave

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds