Weird Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by marek0rn, Aug 4, 2009.

1. marek0rn

marek0rn Private E-2

I have a weird issue I'd like to run by your guys.

I swtiched to another desktop and reinstalled my bluetooth keyboard and mouse. It worked fine in the beginnning. But I found that when the machine restarted and arrived at the login screen the keyboard and mouse do not work until I do any one of the following.

a) Reseat Bluetooth Transceiver and wait a few seconds
    b) Press the Bluetooth Discovery Button on all devices:
    -Mouse
    -Keyboard
    -Transciever
    c) Plug in a USB Keyboard and Mouse to login and then the the devices work again.

It's a Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 on a Lenovo M58. It was previously on a Dell Precision 380 with no issues at all.Both has WIndows XP SP 3

So far I've taken the following steps.
    • Enabled Bluetooth Discovery
    • Set the follwing Services to Log on as Local System Account
    • Bluetooth Support Service
    • HID Input Services
    With no signs of improvement. I still need to reseat the Bluetooth Transceiver or Login using a another Keyboard for the BT Keybaord/Mouse to start working after a restart.

Any insight would be appreciated.

2. NightFirer

NightFirer Private First Class

Okay? Batteries replaced?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds