No sound after reformatting XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tightlinezz, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Tightlinezz

Tightlinezz Private E-2

I have a Dell Dimension 3000 with windows XP. This computer was preloaded when bought directly from dell. I reformatted windows XP and do not have any sound. Went to the control panel to adjust sound and the sounds and audio device properties say I have no audio device. I have a unimodem half-duplex audio device from microsoft after checking my hardware. I've updated windows xp and also checked the Dell website for drivers. When I download drivers and open file it says there are no files to download and go to Drivers and Downloads to select files. Don't know what to do next.

Appreciate any help

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

You sound drivers can be found at this link, but you should install your chipset drivers from this link first. Restart the PC when the install is done, then install the audio drivers from the first link I posted; just double-click on a downloaded file to start the install process. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
    :-D

3. Tightlinezz

Tightlinezz Private E-2

I downloaded drivers but after double clicking the application was launched then I got the same message as before. Message said, There are no files to download and go to Drivers and Downloads to select files. I did restart each time I downloaded driver just in case but no luck.

Thanks for your suggestion.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Likely as you seem to be on DialUP the download is not downloading correctly off DELL, so try this and download this download manager and if it downloads ok then install and run it.

Click the Add button and then copy and paste oen of the links into the URL bar and click OK, then do the same with the other link, once done click Start and hopefully thry will download to your desktop.

[​IMG]

Chipset
    ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R58201.EXE

Audio
    ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R94481.EXE

5. Tightlinezz

Tightlinezz Private E-2

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

The sound is working just fine now. I appreciate it.

Tightlinezz <>< <><

6. DavidGP

Hi

No problems we (myself and dlb) are glad to have helped :)

7. fookmilk

fookmilk Private E-2

hey i have the same problem except when i tried downloading both of those devices i couldnt get the audio one to download, any suggestions?? it kept saying that it couldnt work with the computer hardware??? thanks for any help

8. DavidGP

Hi

Do you have a Dell Dimension 3000 PC? if not then thats why as all PCs are different and in which case do start a new thread and tell us the PC make and model you have or if a custom build the motherboards make and model?

To aid you in this run this guide
    To find this info you can use the likes of Everest to find this info, at times a summary log of your PC can help, to do this

But if your PC is not a DELL 3000 then do start a new thread.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds