Firefox Doesn't Remember Cookies

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shizoku, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

Hello,

Lately, I'm having a problem where Firefox will not remember login/password for websites. Firefox is my favorite browser. I've tried enduring IE and Google and always end up frustrated. After searching for a fix it seems that no one has resolved this issue.

I've unchecked "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox" (it's never been checked for that matter). I've cleared the cookies using the "Remove all cookies" option in hope that I could somehow rebuild the database. When that didn't work, I cleared cookies, ran CCleaner, and reinstalled the newest version of Firefox.

However, the issue still persists... There has to be some way to use my favorite browser again. If anyone can lead my in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

PS: I have already done the full malware removal process and posted my logs. All software issues seem to have been resolved except for the issue with Firefox.

2. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

Thanks for the reply.

Under passwords I have "Remember passwords for sites" checked and "Use a master password" unchecked. Under exceptions a few sites I don't frequently visit were listed.

Under Cookies I have all options checked and it is set to "Keep until they expire."

I think I was a little unclear in the original post. Firefox DOES remember my user name and password if that is my wish. However, it will not let me remain logged in to websites anymore (MajorGeeks, Google, Youtube, Facebook, among others). Basically, I want it to remember that information like it has in the past.

3. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

For example, when I log into Gmail there is a box that says "Stay Logged in." No matter how many times I check that, once I close Firefox it logs me out. In my experience Firefox never used to do that, and it works fine in IE and Chrome at the moment too. Other sites let me stay logged in for several weeks as well. Since this is a personal machine, I quite like that option. I realize it's just a convenience, but I would be happy if it's possible to have this option again.

PS: Hmm, Firefox just gave me a message asking if I'd like to save my session. I clicked yes and it kept me logged in to the sites I was on. I guess that could serve as a possible work around until I work out something more permanent.

4. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

Okay, thank you for your help, Dom.

5. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

Hello,

In case anyone is interested... I reinstalled Firefox and cleared all personal data (after backing up my bookmarks). After doing this Firefox once again keeps me logged into sites offering a "Remember me" cookie. I imported my backed up bookmarks and everything seems to be running smoothly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds