Problems saving PowerPoint file with video

Discussion in 'Software' started by pc3415, Aug 6, 2009.

1. pc3415

pc3415 Private E-2

I have created a PowerPoint presentation with video in it. The video is not from the web, but rather saved as WMV files on my computer. When I save the PowerPoint presentation to a thumb drive to transfer it to my work computer, the video won't play. I'm guessing this is because the video file is not accessible to me. Is there a way to save the video files into the powerpoint presentation? I can't transfer the videos, because then it says they won't play because they are moved. I'm using 2007 office BTW.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Use the PowerPoint packager. It will copy everything you need. Package for CD is the name used to describe the procedure to make your presentation portable in PowerPoint versions 2003 and 2007
    "Package your Microsoft PowerPoint presentation ready to go with PowerPoint's Package for CD feature (versions 2007-2003) or the Pack and Go feature (version 2000 and earlier). Your presentation can be played on any computer by including the PowerPoint Viewer. "
    http://presentationsoft.about.com/od/powerpointadvanced/a/package_hub.htm

Or by video not playing, do you mean sound only? Maybe a codec missing.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Package to CD should work fine, as it packages up all the slides and any addins ie, video into a folder.

I had similar whe I started to do PP slides for work, found it best to put the video on the USB pen also then add the video again but direct it to the video file on the USB pen. <<< did this just to be on safe side as didnt want to get to a presentation with no access to my office.

4. pc3415

pc3415 Private E-2

Yep, that worked. Thanks guys, you're great!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds