Can't uninstall the eHome Infrared transceiver

Discussion in 'Software' started by aarond95, Aug 6, 2009.

1. aarond95

aarond95 Private E-2

My tilde key does not work in certain games, i know from previous experience with my old laptop that this has to do with infrared receiver under Human Interfaces devices in the device manager. In the past i was able to either uninstall or or disable the device and that would fix the problem.

When I tried this with my new HP Pavilion Laptop, i am prompted to do a restart after i uninstall the eHome Infrared transceiver, but on restart it just re-installs its self, there is no way to cancel the install, and there is no option to disable the driver. i am at a loss...is there any way to get rid of this thing?

i am running VISTA 64 btw

Thank you

2. aarond95

aarond95 Private E-2

I guess no one can help me

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds