Nothing is loading on xp pro

Discussion in 'Software' started by GeekyXP, Aug 6, 2009.

1. GeekyXP

GeekyXP Private E-2

ok, so here is my problem. I am currently using windows xp pro sp2, and just recently a couple of days ago, nothing seems to be working on the admin account. I cannot seem to start up any programs such as IE, Outlook express, and I cannot even seem to get into "My Computer". When I hit ctrl delete it shows that the processes are running on it, however nothing is showing up on the screen. I cannot even be able to run norton on it, I however did manage to start it up in safe mode, and did a full system scan, and fix a few problems that it detected. However, this did not solve my problem. After I rebooted the computer, logged into the admin account, and tried to open up IE, nothing showed up, the full system scan did not seem to change anything. My dad has told me that he has noticed that there is two rundll32.exe running in the background, and there might be a problem with ccsvchst.exe.

My dad really needs this problem fixed because he has important files and emails from work that he needs. It really only seems to be effecting his account, on my account on that computer, everything seems to be working fine. Any help would be much appreciated as to solving this little problem of mine. Thanks for your time.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

If you can get into safe Mode on that account of your dads, do so now and back up his files, if there is a problem with cSvchst.exe then thats related to Norton, sodo you have this AV on the PC? if so disable it and see if that allows you to use the PC normally.

When you scanned and it fixed a few problems, can you elaborate on what problems they where? where they malware?

3. GeekyXP

GeekyXP Private E-2

most of it did seem like it was malware, and a couple of trojans

4. GeekyXP

GeekyXP Private E-2

you were right, it was norton av that was causing it. my dad just came home and uninstalled it, thanks for the help :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds