how to get out of safemode

Discussion in 'Software' started by Greeknasty, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Greeknasty

Greeknasty Private First Class

long story..but my bro has a company computer and recently got infected with the clampi trojan..well that went fine i cleaned everything but i wante dto make sure so i was planning to get into safemode..well...f8 didnt work..so i did the msconfig method..where i go and check the SAFEMODE option..well..worked great until the login screen came up..well i put in my bros info and password which worked great on normal boot ups..and it said invlaid name blah blah..so now my question..is it possible to get out of this safemode only and boot up windows normally?..like is there another way to get into msconfig without having windows to fully start up..?

my bro is tryinvg to reach his companys IT so maybe they have the admin password..im sure they do..but no luck yet..thats why i came to this great forum to see if anyone had ideas

thanks

2. NightFirer

NightFirer Private First Class

Did u by chance try and run the msconfig program in safemode as well? Then make sure the safemode box was unchecked?

3. Greeknasty

Greeknasty Private First Class

lol the problem is i cant get into safemode cause of a mysterious login/password...thats why m asking if theres a diff way around it like in bios or anything

4. gilera

gilera Private E-2

5. NightFirer

NightFirer Private First Class

Yeah there is a program That is used in that sense. to get around the password.
    caution that it is not to be used in an illicit nature. re: If you don't own the computer, you have no business using it
    the program is called pcloginnow, http://www.pcloginnow.com/product.html

Just download it and burn it to a cd.

Remember to set the computer to boot from cd after you have burned it to the cd. K?

6. jblim1980

jblim1980 Private First Class

+1 for this.. this i used

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds