Another RootRepeal Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by RobbyStellarSeed, Aug 7, 2009.

1. RobbyStellarSeed

RobbyStellarSeed Private E-2

Hi, All.

New to the Forum here.

Have had some quite "strange" events occur on my computer lately (2004 Toshiba laptop, Win XP SP3, 80GB/23GB used, NIS 2009, GHOST). Someone suggested maybe a rootkit infection.

But, virtually every rootkit detection program I've run, has crashed or hung up (notably SysProt, RootkitRevealer and GMER). RootRepeal did run though -- and got a log. Sent the results to Sysinternals (RootkitRevealer) Forum for comments. Not much response there.

Does RootRepeal have it's own Forum -- to post my results there? And/or would you be willing to look this output log over?

Kind Regards,
    Robby

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I have moved your post to its own thread.

You can ATTACH your log if you wish. But if you think you have a malware issue, then you need to do the following:
    READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

And start a new thread in the malware forum with the requested logs attached.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds