Outlook 2007 Email Attachment Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by rch1, Aug 8, 2009.

1. rch1

rch1 Private E-2

Hi to all.
    I'm running Outlook 2007 on a fast laptop, Win XP Pro, SP3, all Outlook updates current.
    Everything is very fast...until I attach a file to an outgoing email. After hitting "Attach File", I choose a directory. On the 2nd selection, a folder or file in that directory, the computer hangs up for about a full minute, then resumes. After that, I can move around any directories & folders lighting fast...attach files over & over, until I close down Outlook. When I open it again, the same thing happens the first time I try to attach a file to an outgoing email.
    ALL other functions work perfectly all of the time.
    I opened up the Task Mgr during this event, and the CPU Usage goes to 0%. The Outlook INBOX, Outlook New Message, and an additional INBOX appear in the Processes, and all are "Not Responding". After the minute hang-up, all processes revert to normal.
    I have quit Skype as well as uncheck all ADD-INS in the Manage Add-Ins. I am NOT on a network or using Exchange.
    The size or contents of the folder or file does not matter.

Any help/thoughts are appreciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds