Using Me or 2ooo?

Discussion in 'Software' started by hrlow2, Aug 8, 2009.

1. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Am thinking of getting either Me or 2000. Would like to hear some opinions on them from anybody that has or is currently using either.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Looking to ditch Ubuntu. Can't seem to get a handle on it.
    Feel much more comfortable with a Windows version.
    Can get 2000 pretty cheap (new and unopened w/COA) on eBay.Cheaper than XP.

3. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Well hrlow2, I've been using Win2000 Pro (SP4) for almost 3 years now and I love it. It does everything I need it to do with no fuss or bother. I'm not the type to change OSs just because it's new. When I find something that works...I keep it;) As for ME, well I think DomLuc said it best. It has to be THE worst OS ever created!! I used it for about 3 weeks and, well again, DomLuc said it best:-D BTW, check your PM!!

4. NightFirer

NightFirer Private First Class

Hrlow

Hello and I would recommend 2000 or 2000pro. I had dealt ME and 2000, My thoughts on ME is that it was something thrown out there, so they could say look 2000 is better. Which is the truth. If I had a choice go with 2000

Have agree with Domluc on what he said about ME.

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Thanks. Decided on 2000 Pro.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Good choice. I had a laptop with ME installed. It ran well; I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Later, I dual booted with windows 2000. I used Partition Magic/Boot Magic and that was a mistake I will not repeat.
    I eventually removed ME, removed Boot Magic/Partition Magic and the laptop is running only 2K. I have three other computers in the house also running 2K.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds