how do i disable the boot partition in xp?

Discussion in 'Software' started by crumpybumpy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. crumpybumpy

crumpybumpy Private E-2

Here is my problem:

My first drive got a rootkit trojan that completely corrupted my win xp pro. Afraid that I would lose data from that drive, I installed a new SATA 1 TB drive, formatted it to be bootable and installed win xp pro. It wourks fine. When I re-connected the old drive, it always has priority over the new drive in terms of booting first and the corrupted version of win xp pro runs. I assumed that if I connected the sata data cable into a different slot, the old drive would not boot first. At least that how it seemed to work with the old IDE drives....

How do I disable the old drive's ability to boot, or at least make it so it does not boot first??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds