Just downloaded Kapersky Internet Security 2010 and it says that I have a Trojan

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gypsycurl, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Gypsycurl

Gypsycurl Private E-2

Hello, Just started using Kapersky Internet Security 2010 and it keeps saying I have a trojan in Windows\System32\user32.dll. It keeps trying to disinfect it and making me restart my computer over and over but no luck, I need help!! How can I fix this strong trojan problem?:cry

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

The Cloud Anti Virus kept telling me that MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware were harmful and trojans because of their updaters.
    Depends on what is looking and what its looking for.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Kaspersky has a forum
    forum.kaspersky.com/index.php
    You might need to find out if it is a false positive. If not, I've seen posters post scripts that you run to clean up the trojan.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version are you using and is it fully upto date with latest Service Pack? some older or even new updates to Windows files can cause a False Positive, BUT I would as you have started a thread in the malware forum here follow what DomLuc posted about the malware Read and Run Me, and attach the logs gained into the thread in malware and let our experts have a look.

It may well be a false positive, but also may not be as many malwares do infect dll's so also find the file and send it to Kaspersky Here and choose from the dropdown list False Positive.

Also make sure KIS, is udpated as they may have fixed this warning if it is indeed a false positive.

Dont remove this file until you are told its malware as its a very needed file for Windows to work, but is one most commonly flagged as a false positive.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds