VLC crashed computer

Discussion in 'Software' started by jjmjets, Aug 10, 2009.

1. jjmjets

jjmjets Private E-2

I've been using VLC media player to watch all sorts of videos on my computer. I recently had some malware problems and since the fix cannot use VLC effectively. Whenever I open a video, the sound will begin, but the video doesn't come up and the computer totally locks up. I read somewhere about possibly updating drivers, but I'm not sure the best way to do this. Any help? Thanks!

2. NightFirer

NightFirer Private First Class

So your system is clean? How you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

3. jjmjets

jjmjets Private E-2

I did try uninstalling, re-downloading, and installing again, but it made no changes.

I'm not sure how to update. I have the newer version of 1.0.1, and I'm considering trying to get the older version to see if that works.

4. jjmjets

jjmjets Private E-2

No luck. For whatever reason, when I try to even run the installer for VLC, my computer locks up. Everything else seems to be fine and the computer should be clean (I haven't been using it since I cleaned it).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds