PLEASE HELP ME ASAP! :( CCleaner ate my Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by m-hashemi, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m-hashemi

m-hashemi Private E-2

Ok... well this is the second time this is happened to me. The first time I just reinstalled my OS. The problem is I have ccleaner and the I deleted this movie. So I have my ccleaner wiping everything guttmann (35 passes) and after 2 hours it still deleting... I checked my hd and I have 121 gb left out of my 500 gb hard drive. I had 390 gb free a few hours ago... This is seriously making me mad. I posted on the ccleaner forums and noone helped me there either... PLEASE HELP ME OUT :( I would seriously appreciate any help guys..

Sincerely,
    Mo

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Let it finish wiping. It will release the space once done. Not to worry... Cheers.

3. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

g'day m-hashemi

in the cleaner settings in the windows tab did you check the box to wipe free space,if you did the program will look as though it is eating up all of you hard drive space this will revert back to normal when it is finished.with this function check the scan will take longer than normal depends on the size of the drive and the amount of free space left on the drive to clean.when the program has finnished simply uncheck the box for wipe free space and the program will run quicker.

4. RockZet

RockZet Private E-2

There are faster methods of cleaning and they are very secure too. Usually, I use Mil Shield 3-pass DoD 5220.22-M, 8.306/e method, 1-pass zero overwrite method and 1-pass random overwrite method. Believe me these methods are really secure and fast.

Sometimes I use Mil Shield 35-pass Gutmann method and 7-pass Schneier method but the shredding process is slow. Very secure but slow.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds