hwmsh

Discussion in 'Software' started by hwmsh, Aug 11, 2009.

1. hwmsh

hwmsh Private E-2

I have had my computer for a few years now and I am experiencing a very high usage of my processor. (100%) Any suggestion would be great.:confused:confused.:confused:confused

2. CoalNixon

CoalNixon Private E-2

Might be some hidden programs running the background. you can check by right clicking on the taskbar and then going to task manager and then processes that will show what is running and how much of the cpu it is using.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version and Service Pack are you using?
    Did you install or uninstall any applications or drivers before this happened? (if so what)

Do make a note of any application thats using as mentioned in Task Manager that is using high CPU, also can use Process Explorer.

Try starting in Safe Mode and see if you have the same, possibles are application install thats not compatible with your Windows version, wrong driver, too many resident live scanning security apps or malware.

W

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds