Problems with Product Key

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rob`, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Rob`

Rob` Private E-2

I need to get my microsoft excel running i no longer have the cd's, and it's asking for the 25-character product key. I installed magical jelly bean to find my product key, but the key it gave me was no help. The product key on the computer itself isn't the correct product key either.

Btw here's some info just incase you might have some idea's.

Microsoft office 2003, it's an hp computer with the product key on the side saying Microsoft xp media center 2005. Not sure if i need to dl media center 2005, but i really need to find out how to get the product key if i can.

If you need any additional information please tell me.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi

Did you purchase the computer from HP? If it was purchased with the software installed, HP may have record of your key for the MS Office. You may want to try their support number.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds