IExplorer crash all the time...should I?

Discussion in 'Software' started by novato, Aug 11, 2009.

1. novato

novato Private E-2

Hi, I have read many forums but this is by far the fast regarding tech support, so I was wondering if someone can help me since this is getting to far.

I reinstall windows on my computer but IE crush all the times, I did a few updates but it still crush, not to many as the beginning but it stills crush.

Here is the information about the CPU

Windows XP Pro SP3
    Motherboard: Asus A7V8X-X

and here are a few application errors I get from IE

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 8.0.6001.18812, fault address 0x000c2172.

Fault bucket 1409014123.

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.5512, fault address 0x0001295d.

I was thinking to do a BIOS Upgrade:

I'm actually running :

Bios 1012 and there is the new one 1014

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance!!!

2. XTAL256

XTAL256 Private First Class

Switch to Firefox :-D:-D
    Sorry, i just had to say that. Onto your problem, the module that is failing (mshtml.dll) i think is the HTML rendering engine. The other two apps listed look like they are there as a result of the initial IE crash (drwtsn32.exe is what pops up the error dialog to report the crash)
    Are there any other programs you have installed that might be causing IE to crash? When does IE crash, is it when you start it or when you view certain web pages?

3. novato

novato Private E-2

That was the first thing I did. Install firefox but I still got the problem, firefox crash too. When I first install windows and open internet explorer then start to crash just in the beginning with out any other program installed. That is why I can found a way to fix my problem.
    No virus, no malware, spyware, etc. I already scan it.

4. XTAL256

XTAL256 Private First Class

Ok, so then the problem is not limited to IE. What is the error message you get from Firefox?
    btw, how do you know it's a driver problem? 'cause you posted this in the Driver section.

5. Have you tried downloading a new mshtml.dll and replacing your current one with it?

6. novato

novato Private E-2

I haven't replaced that dll file for a new one.

And I don't know if I post it in the right section, I posted here because I was reading an Issue that I have too regarding audio so I just post it.

Firefox doesn't show me the error it just close the windows and open a small one asking me to send the information of why did firefox crash, but if I go to event viewer it doesn't register anything under application.

7. I strongly suggest replacing the .dll for a new one as it sound's like yours is corrupt.

8. novato

novato Private E-2

Where can I download this dll from a secure source??

Thanks in advance!!

9. novato

novato Private E-2

If I try to register that dll I get an error that say:

DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

I don't think that's good

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds