CCleaner, cleaned a little too well!

Discussion in 'Software' started by trp, Aug 13, 2009.

1. trp

trp Private E-2

Hello all,
    I relaise this is a very stupid situation to be in, I had a loan laptop and before giving it back copied everything off to a USB stick. Then deleted everything and let CCleaner do a 7 pass secure erase of the recycle bin (Windows XP).
    I have since had my keys with the USB stick on stolen.. I really need a couple of the files I had on there.. I have limited access to the Hard Drive from the laptop that I borrowed (it has not been formatted or anything) do you reccomend any tools that may be able to recover after CCleaner has been in and cleaned up?

A slight complication to this is that where I only have access to the HDD and not the machine I can't get it to boot and log in so the only access I have is via USB caddy... Never as simple as it seems!

Thanks in advance.

TRP

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds