Restoring Wins xp pro that has crashed?

Discussion in 'Software' started by odiear3rd, Aug 13, 2009.

1. odiear3rd

odiear3rd Corporal

Let me backup and start when this problem 1st started. I began to have a loud fan noise at startup. I would let it run for 2 mins and shout down and reboot and the noise would go away This went on for about 2 weeks. I though it was the Heat sink fan. Later I found out it was my PSU fan going bad. Then Wins crashed and I could not load the desktop display. I tried to restore w/ the recovery cd. This failed several attempts. I though the HD had died. So I decided to install Kubuntu to see what was going on. Kubuntu installed w/ no problems., except it is a 2006 version. I ordered the newest version to be sent to me by mail. Now I am trying to see how I can get Wins XP reinstalled. I think a was told that the weakest of the PSU might be the bad boy in this game. I appreciate all the help I can get w/ this problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds