Firewall question and recommendations

Discussion in 'Software' started by scottietwenty3, Aug 14, 2009.

1. scottietwenty3

scottietwenty3 Private E-2

Hi there,

I had never heard of Outpost firewall (free) until finding this very usefull and helpfull forum. I use to run Zone Alarm free for years and over the last 12 to 24 months used Avast free as my AV. Tried many other free AV's prior to Avast was using Avira. I was looking for an alternative firewall to ZA as I had this annoying typing lag for what ever reason would stop if I disabled ZA. I bit the bullet the other week and unistalled on ZA and installed Outpost after doing a bit of research on here and another tech forum I found that has also been most helpfull. With all the great info that's available. Annoying typing lag has gone, my main reason for seeking a differant firewall. So im a newbie to these types of tech forums but I have to say what a great resource.:cool

Now that I have done this I feel its a pretty good (free set up) as I have been really happy with Avast free over that last couple of years as a free AV and I did try sygate free firewall before going done the Outpost route but I found the sygate one a little intrusive. The Outpost one has been so user friendly and I have heard and read offers good protection as a firewall for a free product. In the last week or so its been very impressive - however I would love to hear feedback from other members that have used it or still use it and have done for a while. The only other free firewall I was looking at was Comodo but havent as yet as im very happy with my current AV and firewall combo. Thanks to this forum and the other one who have taught me the importance of only using one AV and one firewall to avoid conflicts/issues etc.

2. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

do you have a router? In that case the router acts as a firewall and anything you install on your computer is just redundancy.

3. samtal

samtal Corporal

4. scottietwenty3

scottietwenty3 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds