Weird Greek Font in Limewire

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shivara, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shivara

Shivara Private E-2

I have used Limewire before with no problems. Just two days ago I opened up my application and noticed something weird right off the bat when it was loading. Where it usually says it is "loading Limewire" it was in a weird Greek-like font. The same type of font showed in the user interface, in the file library, where my songs are that I previously downloaded, and when I type in the search for a song it types in Greek as well. I can't read anything. I read in here in a thread that it might be a bad registry, but nothing else about how to fix it. I tried to uninstall it, and reinstall it, but it still is the same.
    How can I fix it? The Gnutella forums haven't been too helpful.

2. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Hi Shivara, im sorry to hear about your problem, and while i have not heard of this issue before, i have heard hundreds similar(ish)

TBH, The whole Limewire network is a malware ridden quagmire and is abused & exploited beyond belief!
    So the fact you are having problems with it is un-suprising to say the least, the best advice i can offer is to not use it at all.

Ther is many better more secure ways to share your files [legally i hope :p]

:(

Sorry

Q

3. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

*cough torrents

4. Shivara

Shivara Private E-2

While I realize that there are songs that can actually be malware, I have never heard of the Limewire interface having a virus itself.

5. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

If DL'd from a reliable source the Limewire install itself is most likely not malware, per se, but is a major security flaw on any system it is installed in. [IMHO it should be avoided like the plague]

Q

6. OmniVore

OmniVore Private E-2

Limewire was working a bit better back in the day, only recently has it become far more risky to utilize. Many of my amigos are using versiondownload.com to get the throwback editions of Limewire

7. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You may need to change the language back to English:
    http://www.gnutellaforums.com/limewire-beta-archives/30485-limewire-opens-wrong-language.html

You might be interested in Frostwire: http://majorgeeks.com/FrostWire_d5856.html
    It uses the same source code as Limewire but it is maintained and upgraded by the open source community. Since it is a Majorgeeks download, you can be sure it's clean. Of course, anything you may download always has it's own risks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds