Problem with Screen Resolution and size of web pages

Discussion in 'Software' started by BillieMc8, Oct 7, 2009.

1. BillieMc8

BillieMc8 Private E-2

Oh my gosh - how irritating. I just typed an epic post, only to find the whole thing got lost and I had to log in again. Grrrr. Well - in essence, my post is that I tried all the suggestions, to no avail. Screen resolution is 1024x768, text size 'smallest' and I tried the ctrl scroll thingy. My problem is random. Hotmail is so large I can't log in (I seriously need to check my mail). This screen is large, but workable. This box is about 2/3rds of the screen. Google is small. On some sites, the home page is normal, but when I click on a link, it opens up to a large text. Please help.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi...I have moved your post into a thread of it's own.

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Which browser are you using? FF remembers settings for each webpage. Have you tried <CTRL> + 0 (zero) on a page that is displaying incorrectly.

5. BillieMc8

BillieMc8 Private E-2

First of all - thanks to all of you for your help. I seem to have solved the problem on Hotmail, but will keep monitoring for other sites. In IE 6.0 I went to Tools, Options, Accessibility then ticked IGNORE FONT SIZES ON WEB PAGES. As I said, that worked on Hotmail and it is now normal size. This box is still rather large, so I will keep monitoring. HUGE thanks for all the help so far. I'm learning so much (as I wipe a tear away). :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds