IObit Security 360 PRO FREE 1yr License ends Nov.11

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MoPaR, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoPaR

MoPaR Private First Class

http://db.iobit.com/license-free/win7-special-offer.php

2. utgeek

utgeek Private E-2

3. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Thanks that's a awesome offer.

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Have a redundant and unimportant PC at work. Nasty stuff had hijacked the browser with ripway.com blah blah as home page.

Plus Task Manager and regedit were not accessible thanks to additional nasties. HJT would fix the browser hijack, but on reboot it was back. Sys restore was disabled on all drives.

MBAM and SAS AVG8.5 could not fix or find. Ran IObit. Checked the log. It caught it all, in the registry. Fixed them all.
    Voila, had access to TM and regedit, plus the browser hijack got cleaned ;)

Rebooted and the browser was hijacked as was TM and regedit.

Ran IObit in safe mode and Woohoo all clear.

Just thought, I'd run my experience with IObit by you guys. Not bad for an 8MB DL and real time protection :)

Cheers..

5. Tux_Rules

Tux_Rules Corporal

Very nice. I've got 3 licenses for now, may pick up a couple more here soon.

http://db.iobit.com/license-free/terms.html

6. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

I got to admit that I'm usually a little reserved in trying 'new' programs, but I decided to try this, and I'm glad I did. I ran it and it found a few minor little 'pests' that my other programs didn't find and promptly disposed of them. It appears to be a pretty good little app, as Sikvik already discovered. Once this free license expires, I think this is one program I would purchase. Good find MoPaR;)

7. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

thought i would see if anyone else has had this issue.received a prompt yesterday to update the program to latest version so i downloaded and went to install the new one came to the part where you can opt out of the toolbar extension uncheck it as i don't like toolbars and guess what the installation freezes at the end of the extraction and wont install.it would appear that no toolbar no program has anyone else had this problem.
    at first i thought it was just a faulty download but i redownloaded it from mg's and another site and done all the cleaning out of reg entries but still no go.the only thing i didn't check was with the tool bar added.i like a choice when it comes to what i put on my machine.

8. utgeek

utgeek Private E-2

nope i never add tool bars but did have a hacker a hour after installing it been a very long time since thats happend, :major unsure where i picked them up tho as i was on safe sites all night plus D ip ,on a diffrent note i cant update the software unsure why any help u could give i would be gr8full "says can not connect to web server now, please retry later"

9. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

i finally got it to install jumped to conclusions anyway had to turn off my antivirus same result thought no update service must be something there end.

10. utgeek

utgeek Private E-2

hi mate read other post about iobit u posted in btw thanks for reg etc info anyone got free pro advance system care with this ???? it didnt work had freeware ver before but now it does, cant remember what i was playing around with at time but pro advance system care working now too . is everyone getting this ?????

11. utgeek

utgeek Private E-2

also anyone seen anything very stange about spelling on this app look hard seen it on all of friends systems well funny for a big company this is badf news

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds