MalwareBytes vs IOBit 360

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hrlow2, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

2. jamz

jamz Private E-2

rofl @ "IObit denied the allegations, saying it was a "mistake," and accused Malwarebytes of spreading malicious rumors."

That's what I would say.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

LOL, Cnet left out the part where they did not want to remove the download because they would lose traffic. It is VERY biased and typical writing from Cnet. For the life of me it sucks were so small in comparison because people read this and are completely unaware of the bias. Too bad most people are sheep.

Oddly enough, a few people blamed us for taking long to remove it yet we were talking to both owners of both companies (China and USA time zones) and removed it within 24 hours, still ahead of most.

Finally, companies play games against each other all the time to damage their competition.

There is a lot here going on that we will never know. Bottom line, this was not code, but rather the virus database that maintains what is bad. IOBit had a faulty system and got nailed for it. Iobit has been around much longer and has a steady number of excellent programs. Malwarebytes is one of the best detection and removal tools available currently.

Now, add all this in and think about it :)

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

I'll still stand by MalwareBytes.I know its good.

5. Major Attitude

Yeah, what do I know, I am just a ****ing moron, thanks for proving my point.

6. Major Attitude

Closed, can't take the idiocy tonight.

7. Major Attitude

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds