RTL8201N Windows XP Network Driver

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sunny100, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunny100

sunny100 Private E-2

Hello,
    I got a Compaq Presario SR5601N desktop recently, and did not like Vista basic, and wanted to switch to XP. It is using a ASUS board M2N68-LA board with NVIDIA chipset 6500SE-n430.

I was able to install XP, the HD UAA hotfix from Microsoft, and RelaTek audio driver fine.

However, I cannot get the on board NIC to work. I have tried the following:

1) Installed NVIDIA 6500SE XP driver, so the graphics is working fine.

2) I tried downloading the n430 (8.26 version) XP driver as indicated in one of the threads, and tried to run it, however, nothing happens, it does not install the Ethernet, SM Bus, and the PCI bridge drivers. I try to use the hardware detection wizard, and then individually point to the subfolder containing the drivers, but, still it say, it did not find a compatible driver.

Currently my XP devices shows the following with a yeallo triangle sign
    a) Simple PCI device
    b) SMBus
    c) PCI Bridge

My network shows blank, so, not sure how to get the RTL8201N driver and install it and get my network working.

All the website searches on google tries to install some malware or lead to other bit torrent sites and just a waste of time - but can't find the driver. The RealTek website is a waste, it asks for a login even for the driver, not sure where to get a login to their website.
    ASUS was not helpful in giving me the drivers either.

Pls ... Pls help
    Thanks
    Sunny

2. TheRealMethuselah

TheRealMethuselah Private E-2

Attached Files:

3. sunny100

sunny100 Private E-2

Thanks, I tried this RealTek driver with no joy. It did not have any install program. If I select the *.inf file in explorer and right click / install, it does something, but the NIC card doesn't show up in the CPL.

I tried going through the CPL\Add Hardware \ Select NIC card type, and then point to the directory with the above RTL8201N driver, it complains that it did not find any devices of this type.

So, in the CPL, currently, the SMBUS and SImple Communications Controller are showing as Yellow. The audio, video, and other stuff works. The only issue is with the NIC card.

Any ideas to try as this is really driving me nuts. I have removed the NVIDIA video drivers, and reinstalled multiple times without any use.

Thanks,
    Sunny

4. medmad10

medmad10 Private E-2

Many thankssssssssssssssssssssssssss

5. medmad10

medmad10 Private E-2

Many thanks TheRealMethuselah

6. TheRealMethuselah

TheRealMethuselah Private E-2

My pleasure.

7. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

What actually happens when you double click on the driver setup program?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds