Major Glitch in Newest Avast!Antivirus Update

Discussion in 'Software' started by AngelsWilliam, Dec 2, 2009.

1. AngelsWilliam

AngelsWilliam Private First Class

The second Avast!Antivirus updated tonight, I got warning after warning for Win32:Delf-MZG. So far, I've gotten 5.

I was on the Windows Update site at the time, waiting for it to tell me if there were any updates available, when Avast told me the database had been updated. Immediately after that notification, it alerted me that EZFACE was the above-mentioned trojan. That is a program the Covergirl site uses for trying on their makeup. I've used it for years. Next, it told me that a2free.exe was the trojan. Then A2SERVICE.EXE, then ZipGenius's contentmenu.dll, and then ZipGenius.exe.

I did a context Google search and found that many other people have had similar problems but have been unable to access the Avast! forums; either that or have run into 404 errors once finally able to click on the post button.

Any ideas?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Switch programs or wait for a new definition update.

3. flankadank

flankadank Private First Class

I am so happy to see this thread. The same thing started happening to me tonight. I accidentally let Avast delete my Spysweeper gui before realizing what was happening. Will have to reinstall Spysweeper, ugh. I came here just to see if anyone else was having this problem. Several other trusted files were detected as the same trojan.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Yep. Always good to report these so others can stop panicking :)

5. flankadank

That's why I love this site. : D

6. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

To All, AVAST has updated their database to 091203-1. Previous DB was 091203.

It cured my problems with it. You might have to manually do the update.

7. flankadank

Thanks for the good news. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds