Firefox Google / Bing redirect
Hi all, I'm a new member to the forum but i have used this forum many times to help me with my issues before and its great!!
Recently my dad went on the web and went to his sites, i dont even know where. when i got back on the computer i went through the Avira Events logs and it showed mulitple detections so i ran full system scans, found warnings and infections which it all fixed. also ran malware bytes and removed all the infections, but the problem is still here. when i use google or bing, my web is redirected to a site, and then immediately redirected again. the main one is "seachfindsite".
I read through the "Read and Run me First" procedures, and also the "windows XP Cleaning Procedure" religiously. The only thing i did different was i ran malwarebytes this morning, and rest the tests in the afternoon. malwarebytes did not find anything. here are my logs. i think these are what u need, if anything is missing, plz let me know. I just need to make sure that this virus, malware, hijacker or what ever it is, is out of my system. thanks for any help in advance.
Re: Firefox Google / Bing redirect
Please put ComboFix directly on your desktop, not as you have it here:
c:\documents and settings\Farrukh\My Documents\Downloads\ComboFix.exe
It appears as though Combo may have tried to repair a system file, but I want to be sure, so please do the following:
* Please download TDSSKiller to your Desktop
* Extract its contents to your Desktop so that you have TDSSKiller.exe directly on your Desktop and not in any subfolder of the Desktop.
* Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bold command into Run box and hit Enter.
* Follow the instructions to type in "delete" when it asks you what to do when if finds something.
* When done, a log file should be created on your C: drive named something like TDSSKiller.2.1.1_27.12.2009_14.17.04_log.txt which is based on the program version # and date and time run. Please attach this log to your next reply.
Use add/remove programs to uninstall your old version of Java:
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
Then use windows explorer to find and delete:
C:\Documents and Settings\Farrukh\Local Settings\temp\flashgot.3va5mwit.default
C:\Documents and Settings\Farrukh\Local Settings\temp\log.txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Farrukh\Local Settings\temp\RAR$EX02.562
Please re-run ComboFix once you have moved it to your desktop.
Now run the C:\MGtools\GetLogs.bat file by double clicking on it (Note: if using Vista, don't double click, use right click and select Run As Administrator).
Then attach the below logs:
* the log from running tdskiller.
Major cake licker.
Major Geeks on Facebook
Major Geeks Newsletter
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Google redirect fix. Help!||Sasean||Malware Removal||1||10-13-09 19:32|
|google redirect||Dnmeistr||Malware Removal||3||08-21-09 15:01|
|Google Redirect||lifelovedat||Malware Removal||1||07-05-09 22:01|
|Firefox google redirect||wigner3j||Malware Removal||3||04-17-09 17:51|
|Firefox Google search redirect||tone888||Malware Removal||2||04-07-09 00:29|