Internet connection problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xopt1js, Sep 5, 2003.

1. xopt1js

xopt1js Private E-2

Hi all. Been having some problems lately with my internet connection at home. It keeps cutting out on me every hour or so and it stays down for a while and then comes back up for a bit and then goes again. Don't know if it is the worm, hardware problem on my end, or Sympatico. I called Sympatico and they tell me that it is me and that there are no problems in my area with service. I am using Bell Sympatico High Speed, an SMC Barricade router, and i have 2 computers hooked up to the router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

when it goes down, open your router config and renew the IP. See if that gets you back up. If it does, then your router is having a problem acquiring a DCHP address after the lease is up.

3. xopt1js

xopt1js Private E-2

Do you think upgrading my routers firmware will help?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

maybe, if there is a specific item that the firmware fixes, but I can't guarantee it. If you feel like updating the firmware, go ahead. I'd say it's worth a shot anyway.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds