Wireless PC Card docking question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ironman273, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Ironman273

Ironman273 Private E-2

I just got a wireless router and PC Card so I can roam around the house with my laptop. The thing is, I have a docking station with my laptop where it sits at my desk. I have it hooked up to modem and LAN when in the docking station.

Can I set the laptop to turn off the PC Card when it's in the docking station so it uses the wired LAN connection?

When I dock the laptop and it's on, I get a "Docking now" message for a coiuple of seconds, so I gues it is changing something...

The laptop is a Toshiba running WinXP.

2. 3.14 = Pie

3.14 = Pie Private E-2

Ok, you can take it out....

But, i dont think your wired connection is faster or anything...so why dont you leave it in? ehh!

3. Ironman273

Ironman273 Private E-2

Yeah, I could take it out... ;)

I just didn't want the hassle of taking it out every time I dock and then putting it back in when I undock.

Is there any harm in having both networks running at the same time?

4. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I have a toshiba too. If you have config free, you can set it to disable the wireless when the wired is connected and enable it again when the wired is unplugged.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds