Router Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by guest_12345, Sep 8, 2003.

1. guest_12345

guest_12345 Guest

Basically I'm doing some shopping around for a Cisco series router and I need some suggestions from the network gurus if at all possible. The network will be composed of 40 machines running Windows XP and the connection will be G.SHDSL @ 2mbit. Since I don't have much experience with Cisco routers other then the 1700 series, I'd like some help with this one.

Looking for maximum managability/stability and bandwidth control of course. I don't want to go overkill but at the same time I need something with at least a few "bells and whistles" in terms of security as well. I'd also like to have the capability/support to know exactly whats going on on the network traffic-wize using network traffic analysis software such as Etherpeek NX for instance...

any suggestions in this area are greatly appreciated. You see, the individuals who are going to be setting up this network are obviously going to do a CRAP job. They tell me that it's not my problem but of course we all know when they LEAVE and i'm eventually in charge of those 40 machines that it will BECOME my problem so basically I wan't to "ease the impending hell" by having some good hardware at least.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds