connecting to my office network through dial-up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by msd, Sep 10, 2003.

1. msd

msd Private E-2

This may be a stupid question but I would love if someone could help, I seem to be helpless when it comes to networking. I am trying to connect to my office network from outside. I have DSL through Verizon and a Linksys BEFSR41 DSL router. My network is run by a server running windows NT and we have 5 computers on the network. I would like to remotely connect to my network and have heard that I can do this with the Remote Computer Connection program in windows XP. The problem I'm having is that I can't find my network on the internet with the static IP address. I think it has something to do with how my router is setup but am not able to find how to make it accessible through the Linksys users manual. If anyone has help I would truly appreciate it.Thanks.
    MSD

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You trying to do VPN?

I think your router needs to support it....no positve there.

3. msd

msd Private E-2

Yes, it supports IPsec which is enabled on the router.
    MIke

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds