XP Pro problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by g1lgam3sh, Sep 15, 2003.

1. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Hi folks

Hope someone can help My son didn't activate his copy of XP Xro in time and now it won't let him in. Any ideas on a quick fix before I do the drive up to his?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

As I had said in his other thread as XP doesnt seem to like something about his trying to do an online activation ( as he is getting black screens ) he would be better phoning Microsoft and doing it on the phone, where he can also ask them why when trying to activate is the screen going black and freezing.

MS UK Product Activation Centre on 0800 018 8354 to inquire about product activation.

3. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Many thanks Halo passed on info:D

4. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

halo is right, the onliune activation usually only works if you're on the internet. The one where it dials in is a bit slipshod at best. I would suggest calling the activation number. For those that don't know, you canget the whole list of phone numbers to call in the activation wizard. just pick your location and it will spit out a toll free number to call.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds