The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LI_Geek_95, Apr 11, 2010.

1. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

I screwed up today :/

I turn the sprinkler system on every other day, because we're all too lazy to configure the timer. So, its on for 30 seconds, and it shut off. I go downstairs and notice the sprinkler control panel's fuse was blown. I replace it with the spare, screen comes back on, everythings cool. I hit start for the zone, and the fuse blows, then the outlet explodes. I shut off the circuit breaker.

Eek.

:/

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You got a short circuit somewhere.....could be a mouse ate the insulation off some wires. Been there.

Not sure why you think it is your fault, unless you replaced the fuse with a strip of aluminum foil. :major

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Better than a small piece of copper tubing.

4. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Yeah, what Tim said, not your fault.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds