Can't find ATI Radeon IGP 340M drivers for winXP and win98

Discussion in 'Software' started by maxdamage, Apr 12, 2010.

1. maxdamage

maxdamage Private First Class

I have a HP Compaq nx9000 laptop with an ATI Radeon IGP 340M onboard graphics card which is set to 64MB of onboard ram. I have the following graphics card drivers installed from the cd that comes with the laptop.
    [​IMG]
    I cannot find the latest drivers and control panel for the laptop but I also would like to install win 98se on the second partion but I also can't find any compatible drivers for win98se or the file isn't hosted at the site I found them at through the search using google.Is there a site that has all the older graphics card drivers hosted on the same server and which ones to download as I am not sure at all?

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Since this is what is listed at the HP/Compaq site
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional, (requires 256MB of memory minimum) or
    Microsoft Windows XP Home (limited language availability) preinstalled
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Driver support via web

I don't think you will find driver downloads for that chip running 98SE in the laptop.

Here are all the XP Pro drivers.
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...esId=324375&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093

3. maxdamage

Thanks but what I meant with the 64MB is what the onboard graphics card uses from the 1024mb installed.I can configure the amount up to 128mb. I saw at ATI that there were ATI Radeon IGP 340M graphics card drivers for win ME but not win 98se.Were there any made for win 98se?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  4. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

from the release notes of the ati driver here:
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/integratedip-me.aspx
    as for your memory question, that is changed through the bios.

5. maxdamage

I know about the bios and changing the memory.I just mentioned it as the screenshot has the incorrect value listed.I have tried that page and I had some problems with trying to download those win me drivers.Will go back there to try again.Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds