Anyone have expierence with Earthlink?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad902, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

I was setting up a brand spanking new (on 1996 hardware :D) firewall/NAT router and I was sniffing some incoming traffic with tcpdump, and I gotta say I am VERY surprised, I am getting DoSed by probably 50 ARP packets every second. I am about to call them up and god damn give 'em some of what I got ;) I know I can't stop the requests as I tried to and my internet connection got cut off for 10 minutes (we only order cable modem we don't have TV), so that's not an option, any one got expierence with what to do with this and give me some of my bandwidth?

I'll post a dump when I can, I put in the old router as I was having some technical problems getting PF routing out, that I hope to have resolved by next weekend.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2003
  2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I feel your pain.. my cable modem goes nutz 24/7

3. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

And I think this cable modem is dying, or Earthlink is REALLY trying to kill it, it drops pings now around %50 of the time and randomly reboots itself.... It's either overloaded or god knows what but god damn Earthlink is pissing me off, I'm gonna call their number, get to the highest supervisor and get 'em an ear full :eek:

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

be tactful man.. pissing off the people that give you the life blood of your internet connection is generall a bad idea unless it goes on for an extended period of time with out resolution. You'll find that being polite and courteous goes a lot further in the beginning than does going apeshit..

5. suesman

suesman First Sergeant

Is it ok to use the tactful apeshit approach. It seems that's the method I usually end up going with. :D

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Vlad and Imaculate. All threads by you two have been deleted. We dont get into, nor do we care about other peoples little internet problems with each other. Grow up, get over it, do NOT hijack threads where people need help or you will no longer be welcome here, either. Our primary reason for this message boards existance is to help people who visit the website, so removing people who mess with that will be done with no loss in sleep.

Carry on.

7. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

I understand where you are coming from Major... this site is on the top of my favorites and I come here every chance I get. The reason I am so upset is because I got stabbed in the back by a member...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds