AVI, MPG and WMP Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Moogle_21, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Moogle_21

Moogle_21 Private E-2

Okay guys, here's my dilema. One day I just went to go watch one of my happy lil movie files when windows media player gives me this error:

Windows Media Player cannot play this file. The file is either corrupt or does not support the format you are trying to play.

0xC00D1199: Cannot play the file

When I know it should play the file (since it's played it many times before). My computer still plays quicktime movies so I'm pretty sure it's a Windows Media Player issue.

Can anyone help me? I'll love you forever and ever!

Edit:
    Windows ME
    Windows Meida Player 9.0

I dind't download anything either before the problem occured either, it just happened all of a sudden.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2003
  2. hellwaker

hellwaker Private E-2

try the codec pack which is awailable, I was having the same problem, after install the codec everthing seems to be working fine.

Chears
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  3. Moogle_21

Moogle_21 Private E-2

Where can I download this codec that you speak of?

4. Moogle_21

Moogle_21 Private E-2

Well the file types I'm trying to open are:
    MPEG, AVI and WMP.

The files do not open in other players such as real media player and quicktime.

I haven't done any compression, defragging or encyrpting.

The files work on other computers though :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds