First time trying out an XBOX today

Discussion in 'Software' started by HASSELBLAD, Sep 24, 2003.

1. HASSELBLAD

HASSELBLAD Sgt. Smirnoff

Thats right, never played one before today....was a total piece of crap. Halo was the only game I've played so far, and I'm not impressed. Have not played for more than a few hours but already has me kicking the worthless box.
    After getting pissed at the SP on Halo, as I get pissed at most SP games, I decide to try MP. Piece of crap M$ with their XBOX Live kit that apparently you have to buy then sign up and pay a monthly fee to play the worthless games online.
    If Halo is the best game for the XBOX I would hate to play the other BS.

Not meant to be a Halo fan flame war, just sharing my motive for smashing this crap-black-box open.

2. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

rofl, to each their own I guess, I've got my X-BOX for over a year and a half now and love it :)

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Pretty happy with mine as well.

Xbox Live! comes with a couple games and one free year subscription.

It also supports voice. Does PS2? (Im not sure).

As mentioned, to each their own ;)

All my friends wish they had an Xbox after playing mine.

4. MCSEGeek

MCSEGeek Private E-2

Hmmm....looks like I might be buying myself an early Christmas present.

5. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

I really enjoy playing Halo on the Xbox in multiplayer. We set up two Xboxes in the same room so we can coordinate attacks.
    But I agree the Xbox sucks as a gamer, auto aim is there because the game controller is so poor. I spend a lot of time playing against the controller rather than the game. Some people call this a challange and enjoy it. I think it sucks. Give me the option of mouse / keyboard and I will clean up on the Xboxers head to head. That is why Xbox Halo has auto aim but not on the PC version,

My Xbox days are over, it is hacked, networked and I am tired of it. I am also tired of MS buying good gaming companies then limiting their games to the Xbox. Many of Blizzard's programmers have quit, there are plenty of reasons why. One reason may be that they can no longer be as creative when limited to the Xbox hardware. This is the death of one of the most innovative game makers in gaming hsitory. MS strikes another blow against the competition - and progress.

6. fleppen

fleppen Gumshoe

MS has nothing to do with Blizzard dying, that's Vivendi Gaming.
    Blizzard was bought up by Sierra and Sierra in turn was bought up by Vivendi Universal which hoped to make lots of cash (they didn't), Vivendi has been trying to sell off every gamemaker they bought for a year orso, but hasn't found even one potential buyer.

7. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

I haven't bought an XBOX or PS2.. I still have a PS1 but all my gaming is on the PC.. I'm waiting patiently for the PlayStation 3, in which, I will be in line waiting.. The PS3 is going to be insane.

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I've heard that before ;)

(PS2 Hype)

9. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

OOPS, Bungie......
    http://www.gamegossip.com/article.php?id=25

As far as programmers that are staying and who is going, I am not sure. My info comes from a neighbor that was working on Halo2.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds