I could sure use some advice please

Discussion in 'Software' started by thesnottyprincess, May 11, 2010.

1. thesnottyprincess

thesnottyprincess Private E-2

[/SIZE Hi, what do you think is a good free program to try for downloading video off of the internet? All I seen to be able to find are utube downloaders and although I do like utube most of the things I want to download are from different sites.. Thank-you very much for your time
    ]

2. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Hello and welcome to MG's :)
    If you're using Firefox, I'd recommend this

Cheers..

3. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Thanks for that sikvik, just installed it and it works very well :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Browser and Windows version are you using?

An all around downloader is Orbit Downloader and is also free.

5. thesnottyprincess

I think a browser is the internet explorer right? And I have windows XP, Do you happen to know what a firefox is? Thank you very much for answering my letter.

6. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

7. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

RealPlayer (which is free) has a FABULOUS "Download this Video" link which allows you to download almost any video, music, or movie from the web. You'll find the link up in the top toolbar under Tools, Preferences, and it's in the "Download" section. Try it, you'll love it. When your video/movie/music comes on, just move your cursor slightly toward the top of the screen and the link appears. Click on it and Voila! When it's complete you can click on it to play the video in Real Player or go directly into Real Player and acess it through My Library.

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

9. thesnottyprincess

I want to thank-you very much for taking the time to give me such wonderful and complete directions. It's encouraging to kniow that some people do care and may karma bonk you on the head with many blessings

10. Imperfect1

Imperfect1 Private First Class

Thanks snottyprincess, my karma hasn't been very good, so I could sure use a blessing bonk! :)

11. thesnottyprincess

I don't think that I really understand what a broser is. Can you have more than one? Is it like the internet explorer? Does it affect the internet carrier that I have already? I would be yvery greatful for any help you had the time to give me.

12. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

13. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

HI

Yes you can have as many as you like, I actually run on this PC I'm on now

IE8
    IE9 (Test version, very not user friendly yet as no GUI but works ok)
    Minefield (aka firefox 4, its a test version)
    Opera 10.54 beta but general release is HERE
    Flock

all on the same PC, so you have choices, the best thing is to stick with something you are comfortable with, yes they are all similar to Internet Explorer, some have different layouts and features but they all do the same job, they are only as safe as they user makes them, some may say Firefox is safer than IE8 but then again those that use Firefox still get malware??? so begs the question.

What you cannot do is have multiple versions of IE or other browsers, so eg is you cannot have IE7 and IE8 on the same PC (you can but development build are those and you do not wish to go that route).

No they will not affect the internet carrier you have at all, all browsers should work with all carriers.

14. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Like Internet Explorer. Some are lots better and safer, in my opinion.
    And you can have as many as you wish.

15. thesnottyprincess

16. thesnottyprincess

I wanted to make sure that you knew that I have the real player and for once I could figure out right awas how to use it. When I was in school and college knowing how to type and use a 10 key adding machine got you a job! PEACE

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds