Better control over User Accounts in XP Home

Discussion in 'Software' started by goldfish, Sep 25, 2003.

1. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

A Tip...

XP HOME

If you want more control over user accounts than the "User Accounts" control panel offers, or you want to remove a remembered .NET passport from your computer (used for MSN Messenger) try going to :

Run --> control userpasswords2

It will bring up some more advanced user related settings. From here you can change the pre-defined group a user is in, and edit the properties for each local user account.
    In the advanced tab, there is a button that says "manage passwords" there you can delete associated .NET passports. This could be useful if you are having a problem with the wrong .NET passport being remembered in MSN Messenger.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

;)

Has anyone tried copying compmgmt.msc from a Pro machine to a Home machine and see if it shows the missing items?

Or gpedit.msc ?

I'll send them if someone cares to try.

4. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

are they in CAB files on the XP Pro cd? Cuz ive got the XP Pro CD but for reasons i dont care to disclose i dont have any computers installed with it.

I'd love to try it, if its at all possible

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

I'm not sure.

See if its compressed in i386.

Search for gpedit.ms_ or compmgmt.ms_

Or I can send them via Messenger.

You haven't logged on to that since you added me, have you ;)

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

oops!

a PM is coming your way :)

7. Vonnie

Vonnie Sergeant

Thank you Thank you Thank you goldfish .
    I posted last week asking how to do that .
    This is exactly what I needed. Thanks again :)

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

No Probs :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds