Questions about Opera, MyIE2

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, Sep 26, 2003.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

I'm wanting to try Opera and MyIE2, maybe even Mozilla. Are they easy to remove if I decide not to keep? Can I import my Favorites from IE6 to each of them? Do they have Links? Or am I just sweatin' the small stuff here?

2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

No problem in removing either one.MYIE ,favorites are automatically entered.Opera you have to import.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I agree.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Lets clarify. Opera and Mozilla are their own engines and favorites will need to be imported as mentioned above. Myie2, Crazy Browser, Green Browser, Avant Browser simply use the IE engine and thus, your favorites and everything setup in your browsers internet options remain intact.

5. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

:D I stand corrected suh.got to remember to clairi-fyyyyyyy suh

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I thought it was pretty clear already. :)

7. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Thanks to your replies, I am confident now about downloading browsers for trial purposes. Now then: what do you folks see as the advantages and disadvantages of MyIE2 vs. Opera? I'm not real savvy with computers, so I need something that's easy to understand. (The MyIE2 website samples looked a little complicated, but the features sure looked interesting!)

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

the downside of MyIE2 is that it uses Internet Explorers engine which leaves it open to any problems within IE itself. The pro's is that it has a lot of features such as tabbed browsing, popup blockers, right click java script breaking, uses IE favorites, skins (if you like em), aut form filling. tons of stuff.

Opera is a whole other beast. It doesn't use IE's engine. I forget which one it uses now.. *smack*. any way, it has a lot of features that MyIE2 has plus it has email like netscape does and a download manager. It's very full featured but I believe it needs a bit more work how it interprets some code. It follows strict w3c standards so websites out there that do not follow these standards by the number may not display well.

9. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well, I COULD have said allow me to answer the question properly so that he understands what it is hes doing ;)

Downside to Opera: Its adware or you pay 39.95. While its considered "more secure" one of the reasons is there is a no java version. You could also simply install Sun Java, which is more secure anyhow. IMHO, the main thing Myie2 and similar do is add in the features to Internet Explorer that are available in Opera and Mozilla.

Frankly, theres no risk to trying a few of these and uninstalling them if you dont like them, in the case of Opera you can try it a few days before importing bookmarks and uninstall it if you dont like it.

10. m79vest36

m79vest36 Corporal

Frybo30...I've been using Opera for a month now & have just loaded the 7.2 version. I've enjoyed the use of it in comparison to IE or Navigator. It's quick since it doesn't spend time loading lots of junk. I find it well organized & layed out. Just like anything else new...once you get used to it's structure, it's pleasant. As I get on into using it for a year. I'll have more of an opinion but it certainly is credible to use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds