linux video problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by mecroneo, Sep 26, 2003.

1. mecroneo

mecroneo Private E-2

well i just installed redhat linux 9.0 as a dual bot on m computer with win xp pro, i have a p4 2.4ghz and 533mhz fsb, 512 megs ddr pc3500, nvidia 5200 128 meg ddr with dual monitor support, 120 gig 7200 rpd hd partitioned 3 ways, the linux partition is 10 gigs, any way the problem is that i do not have a driver installed for my video card and every time i try to start linux i get a scrambled screen, either that or the monitor just cant take wut its putting out, is there ne way u know uf that i can install this driver from a command prompt, do u know of any place i can get help wth this prob. I had a hard enough time actually getting the os installed if there is ne thing else u need to know feel free to post

2. Vlad902

Vlad902 Guest

You're going to need to do this...

CTRL+ALT+F2

cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11
    cat XF86Config > ~/test
    cd
    cat test|mail $$$YOUREMAIL

Replace $$$YOUREMAIL with your real e-mail. Reboot and check your e-mail, if there is nothing there you may need to write the whole thing down :eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds