someone help me!

Discussion in 'Software' started by thecharredremain, Sep 27, 2003.

1. thecharredremain

thecharredremain Private E-2

OMG!!!! HELP!!! I got the Adware 6.0 and i did the scan and things were good and then i tried to restart my computer and it tried to start and the screen turned black and it says
    " The following file is missing or corrupt
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMD32.VXD

and my computer will not start at all! I tried to by pass it but it just popped that back up. I'm using anotehr computer right now but i need mine!!!! someone please pleaseplease help me!!!

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Not sure what that file is....sure it isnt vmm32.vxd?

What OS are you running?

3. thecharredremain

im not sure what the aspects of my computer, im not very computer oriented. on my other post sum people tld me to d/l adware 6 so i did and ran the scan and i must have erased a file that starts my computer but i dont know how to get it back!! :( please help me

4. thecharredremain

i dont know what u mean by what im running :( it said file VMD32.VXD missing but then it said Tpye the name of the windows loader (e.g C:\WINDOWS/SYSTEM/VVM32.VXD) and im very confused :(

5. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

No can do without more information.

is the file vmd32.vxd or vmm32.vxd?

Do you have an OS CD? (we still dont know what OS it is)

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well...this looks to be 9x...

Do you have a CD for it?

7. thecharredremain

OOOOO windows ME (satan) it said missing file VMD32.VXD but then it said type the name of the windows loader adn tyhen it sais (e.g c:\windows\system\VMM32.VXD

8. thecharredremain

9. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Can you boot into safe mode? If so, you can open Ad-Aware from there. Once Ad-Aware is open you can open the quarintine list, highlight the most recent quarintine list and select restore.

I did a google search for VM32.VXD and it asked me if I meant VVm32.vxd. I clicked that option and found this link that told me a lot about the file and how to rebuild it. Although it does seem complex to me, it may not to you. Judging from your posts you are fairly new to computers or are an average user who just 'uses' the pc and doesn't understand the internal workings of it (no offense). I would try booting into safe mode and restoring the latest quarintine list to see if that solves your problem.

10. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Windows 95 - Windows 98 SE. Win9x is a common term for the two OSs ;)

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Windows 95 - Windows ME ;)

12. thecharredremain

i tried safe mode but it just popped that missing file back up, but my boyfriend helped me and i just used my recovery disk to recover the programs and files. i just had to reformat my computer so there wasnt much on there but what i had i wanted to keep, thank you all so much for your help!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! find comfort in knowing u helped a scared little girl!!! heehee thank you again!!!!!!!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds