missing partition !!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by bern, Sep 27, 2003.

1. bern

bern Sergeant

i had major problems with my win xp pro so i ran data erasuer and reinstall xp . i create 3 partitions win xp fomated the c and nothing to the othe 2 partitions

on clicking my computer on the desktop there is only 2 partitions listed i click on the d partition and xp formats that the problem is where is my 3 partition

c:\ is 40g
    d:\ is 15g
    but third of 25g is missing . where is it

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Does it show up in Disk Managment?

Goto My Computer > Manage > Disk Managment

look to see if E: ( which I guess should be the 3rd partition ) is listed if it is right click and set partition to active.

3. bern

bern Sergeant

i click on my computer [on desktop]- and there is no manage or disk management there . also my cdrw is set as E and my dvd is F

4. bern

bern Sergeant

i found the disk management it is in control panel /admitrative tools

there are only 2 partitions there what ! now does this mean that the 3 partition was not create ?

5. DavidGP

well if your CD drives follow the HDs in drive letters then personally I would say that the 3rd partition is not their or active.

Do your other 2 partitions add up to aprox the HD size ( you loose a bit to formatting so its not exact ) IF they dont go back and partition the remainder of the drive.....

personally I find Partition Magic superb for doing this

6. bern

bern Sergeant

i sorted it out i think that i must get glasses as it was in front of me but did not see it . i found it under disk manaegment reformated it and it is now listed

THANKS GUYS great help !!!! :D :D

thanks for having patience with inexprienced user

7. DavidGP

Glad its sorted bern ;)

My fault I should have typed right click on My Computer on desktop > Manage > Disk Managment .... Ooops!

8. bern

bern Sergeant

no problem as long as we got there in the end

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds