Printer for users

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Misslemike, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Misslemike

Misslemike Private E-2

Hi Geeks, I have a workgroup using XP Pro. Station A has a HP photosmart 1000. On Station B I set up a Network printer to print to the Photosmart. But the other users on Station B cannot see the printer. Only my account on B can see it and use it. I put all users on B in Power Users group to no avail. DO they have to have accounts on Station A to use the printer. I thought since I have a the same account on both that would be enough. No??

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

which OSes you working with?

3. Misslemike

Misslemike Private E-2

All running XP Pro. I now have a problem on Station A where every new user account I create--I cant logon with that account. I get either a Profile cant be loaded error or It acts as if it will logon but then returns to the logon screen. The existing accounts logon no problem.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

5. Misslemike

Misslemike Private E-2

No, my windows starts up fine with my user account now. I just cant create a new one to logon with. When I do I get a windows cannot load profile--access denied error. No profile is created and it goes back to the welcome screen. I can logon with my existing accounts

6. Misslemike

Misslemike Private E-2

Just to let yas know this problem was figured out--Someone had hacked my system changed some accounts and I had no permissions for Doc and Settings so profiles could not be created. Guest account was renamed and turned on. I guess my Nat did not stop anyone from getting in like this. Unless it was HTTP or something.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds